Dear Free Papua Supporters, do you realize who has taken away human rights in Papua?
The people who named themselves as Free Papua Operations dared to speak out and said that those who committed human rights violations and genocide in West Papua were entirely the responsibility of the Indonesian military.
In 3 months alone, Free West Papua Organization (OPM) had committed crimes to Papuans and migrants
- Free West Papua military wing, OPM/TPNPB, took 25 construction workers at gunpoint in Nduga on December 1, 2018. 40 OPM members then brutally gunned them down, killing 19 people in the process. Six surviving victims managed to escape after pretending to be dead. The workers were reported to have sparked the anger of West Papuan separatists, by taking photos of the West Papua separatist movement anniversary event on the 1st of December, the day before. It remains unclear to the moment this news is published, of what are the messages inside those photos. The police have confirmed that some photos were actually taken by the group of workers during that event, but no further information was available yet.
2. The KKB or OPM shot dead a motorcycle taxi driver, Yanmar (42 years), on November 2, 2018 under the pretext that they suspected him of being a spy for the Indonesian police. In fact, the victim is just an ordinary migrant from Sulawesi. The OPM under the leadership of Purom Wenda forbade residents to evacuate the bodies of victims and make victims as traps to attack the police. The OPM made the moment of evacuation of Yanmar as a moment to attack the TNI and Polri which resulted in a 7-hour shootout in Popome, Papua. As a result, the Indonesian military and police joint team succeeded in seizing two firearms which were seized by the OPM and two of OPM Puron Wenda’s men were killed.
3. Armed Separatist Group in Papua took hostages of 16 teachers and medical personnel serving in Mapenduma District, Nduga Regency on Saturday, October 2, 2018. The hostages were threatened with violence and sexual harassment. This event happened because the group suspected them of being undercover Indonesian military members. During the hostage, the teachers and health workers stayed in Mapenduma Health District. The Head of the Mapenduma District Health Center, Naftali Wandikbo, finally succeeded in negotiation. The workers then released on October 18, 2018. “On Thursday, October 18, 2018, a chartered plane come to pick up and bring the teachers and health workers to Wamena,” Kamal said. “One victim of physical assault and sexual harassment was flown to Jayapura to be treated at Bhayangkara Jayapura Hospital. One other victim was treated at the Wamena Regional General Hospital.”
4. On Monday (October 1, 2018), the Indonesian Military members conducted extensive operations in Tingginambut District. Around 6:00 a.m. local time, military members met with a mob from the Goliath Tabuni group at a place suspected of being the KKSB headquarters. Immediately there was a shootout between the military and armed separatism criminal group members. First Lieutenant Infantry Angga, leader of the military forces, did not know whether Goliath Tabuni was also in the base. KKSB fought fierce resistance and continued to fire on the military members. Not giving up; finally the Army managed to repel and seize the base.
“After the situation and the field were successfully restrained and controlled, military forces carried out the purge and found 2 KKSB members killed and 2 FNC-type long-barreled weapons,” Colonel Infantry Muhammad Aidi, Head of Army Command Information XVII/Cendrawasih, said.
“One of the victims from KKSB identified as Goliath Tabuni’s bodyguard, namely Dekilas Tabuni,” he added.
5. The West Papua National Liberation Army (TPNPB/OPM) brutally shot Letda Inf Amran Blegur and Pratu Fredi with guns and arrows on August 19, 2018 in Tingginambut District Puncak Jaya. At 14.00pm the same day, local people informed Military Headquarters about this accident as they did not agree with what this separatists group did. Sadly, it was too late, what they could found were only the dead bodies. Lt. Inf. Amran died with gunshot wounds to the head and arrow wounds to the abdomen and waist while Pratu Fredi suffered a gunshot wound to the left side of the waist and arrow wounds and a hot leaded front head.
As much as 347 residents in the villages of Binti and Kimbley, Tembagapura, Mimika, West Papua had been hold hostages by a group of separatist namely Organisasi Papua Merdeka (OPM or Free Papua Organization) since Friday, November 10, 2017. The group had limited these hostages from going out of the village border and also limited their supply. Hostages were finally able to be released through rescue operations carried out by joint forces of Tentara Nasional Indonesia (TNI or the Indonesian National Armed Force) and Kepolisian Republik Indonesia (POLRI or the Indonesian National Police) on Friday, November 17, 2017. In an operation that lasted 1 hour 18 minutes, the location controlled by the OPM was finally able to be conquered without anyone injured.
To cover up similar human rights cases in Papua, this group even made false news regarding the Indonesian military bombing in the Nduga region, whereas logically this would not have happened without the noise made by local media regarding the truth of this news.
Ahead of the World Human Rights Day, let’s take the form of separatism and genocide made by the TPNPB-OPM group. Stop violence, strengthen strength with unity!